Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What's Your Story?

Hello everyone!

Last week, as you know, I had my McAlister's benefit dinner, where 10% of all sales went toward my mission funds.  I don't yet know how much money was raised that night, but I do know that the support I felt from all of my friends who traveled out to be there was overwhealming!  It was also a great opportunity to mingle with the other customers I didn't know and get a chance to tell them about what the Lord is doing and will be doing in my life.  Several were interested in my ministry and some even asked about how they could send in donations!  The manager was also great, encouraging me to come back and do another dinner in July.  So keep your eye out for another McAlister's invite.  If you didn't get to come last time, you may get another chance :) 

A few days after I got back from Nashville, the Lord blessed me with the perfect job as a summer youth ministry intern for a large, local church.  I'm working with another intern, Ronnie, and our first big assignment is to come up with high school cirriculum for the entire week of VBS.  After a whole day of reading tons of awesome passages and stories from the Bible, we finally decided on the theme of "God's Story for Your Life".  We're taking the stories of biblical characters such as Esther and Gideon and Jonah, who were all faced with a choice of being obedient to God's plan for them or shrinking back in disobedience.  We'll look at how each of these characters reacted and the things in their lives that did or could have held them back.  The challenge will be for the kids to ask God what His story is for their lives and what things they may have in their lives that could hinder them from being obedient to His will.  So I challenge you, now, to do the same.  Have a blessed week!


No comments:

Post a Comment