Tuesday, August 9, 2011

5 Days and Counting

Yep, five more days and I'll be on a plane heading for Peru!  These last two weeks have been a whirlwind and it's not getting any slower.  I've been closing out my time back home with lots of visits and activities.  Last week I had my yard sale and my McAlister's fundraiser, both of which allowed me to visit with many friends and church family.  And I just got back from visiting my family and a supporting church in Pennsylvania this weekend.  Below you'll see a picture of me with Scott Carroll, the youth director at West End Baptist Church in Rock Hill who I've been interning with, and his wife, Cindy.  I just said good-bye to them last Wednesday before they headed out on a 10-day motorcylce ministry trip to Sturgis, South Dakota.  And below that is a picture of me with part of the congregation of St. Paul's Episcopal Church in Troy, PA, whom I visited this Sunday.  I'm so glad I got the opportunity to visit with them since they have been so faithful to keep me in their prayers and support me in all ways, even though I'm not constantly there to remind them of my ministry needs.  I was also surprised when, during my visit to Pennsylvania, my best friend from PA, Anna (who is seen with me in the bottom picture), drove four and a half hours from Pittsburgh just to spend an afternoon with me before I left!  I can't believe how blessed I am to have such an awesome and supportive group of people surrounding me!
          


Well, it's all shopping and packing this week.  Thank you to everyone who has given of your time or financially to help my preparation time go more smoothly!  I appreciate all the help I can get and, fortunately, everyone has really been coming through for me, constantly blessing me with assistance, prayer, and words of encouragement.  It's a great reminder to me and, hopefully to all of you, that this ministry I am doing could not be accomplished without you, my loving supporters, committing to partnering with me.  You have clearly demonstrated your mutual passion for the mission to see Kingdom growth. 

If you still haven't gotten a chance to see me recently and would like to, I'll be at Bethel Baptist Church tomorrow (Wed, Aug. 10) for the 7:00pm service.  Then I'll have an open house at my dad's from 5pm-10pm on Friday, Aug. 12 (609 Atherton Way, Rock Hill, SC).  I'll also be at Glenrock Baptist Church at 11:00am for the Sunday morning service (Aug. 14).

If you're interested in giving financially to my ministry you can make checks payable to South America Mission and mail them to the SAM home office (1021 Maxwell Mill Rd, Suite B, Fort Mill, SC 29708) or you can give online HERE.  If you'd like to receive my weekly prayer e-mails and blog updates, e-mail me at awaldmeyer@southamericamission.org to let me know.  Thanks again to everyone for your constant and much-needed support.  I love you all!  God bless!  

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!! Hope the transition goes smoothly! We are so excited for you :) Love,

    ReplyDelete