Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Photo Blog :)

As always, a lot has been happening, so this time, I thought I'd sum it all up in pictures...


Every Tuesday afternoon I go to TEC, another mission agency in the more rural town of San Jose, outside of Pucallpa, where they do OANSA (Spanish AWANA) with the local kids.  Here's a picture of one of the competetive games we played with the kids recently.


SAM Academy strives to provide their students with the best possible education and social experience.  So we have adopted the American tradition of School Spirit Week.  Here is my class on "Crazy Hair Day".


I've been getting requests for pictures of the food I'm eating, so here ya go!  This is fish with white rice and tomatoes and avacado.  Doesn't seem very exciting, but it's all quite tasty.  The only thing missing from this meal is fried yuca or banana. Mmmmm....


Down the street from the mission base is a statue that is referred to by the missionaries as the "Banana Man"...probably because he's got a huge bunch of bananas slung on his back :)  But it represents the hard-working jungle people and the troubles they have had to endure.  Here's a cool silhouetted picture from behind that I took at sunset the other day.


Next to the "Banana Man" is a cemetary.  Halie and I went inside to check it out.  That's where we found this awesome picture of Peruvian Jesus painted on the wall of a building!  The coolest thing about it is that his robe is painted with a typical Shipibo Indian design.  Our God is the God of the Peruvian Jungle people too!

As I've mentioned, Patricia and I are now alternating leading Wednesday night youth group for the girls.  Here's a picture from my latest lesson.  The lesson was on Rebekah and how God had revealed his plan to her, but instead of trusting Him and letting him do it his way, she took the reigns and made it happen herself.  I blind-folded the girls and had all but one walk down the booby-tapped hallway themselves.  The last girl I guided, moving some of the obstacles out of her way.  You may still reach the end goal if you take matters into your own hands, but you end up with a lot less bruises if you just let God take the reigns. 

Here's a picture of me on Pirate Day for School Spirit Week.

Aaarrrrrgghhhh!!!  The elementary kids posing in all their fierce pirat-iness.  And yes that's an older sister putting the sword to her little brother on the right. 


Satruday morning I invited the middle school girls to come over and bake cookies.  This is Tashi and me doing all the work while Mimi and Kerstin licked the beaters and cleaned out the bowl later on :)


The kids got so into Pirate Day on Thursday that we decided to have a Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Marathon!  Here's a picture of all of the middle and high schoolers mindlessly gnawing on cookies while being hypnotized by the constant swaying of Captain Jack Sparrow.  So much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment